Trigger Questions to Generate Ideas for Alternative Business Models
At least 40 ideas in response to the 8 trigger questions:
1. How could we earn revenues if we had to offer our best selling product/service for free?
2. Around which assets could we build a platform business (e.g. Wii/game console example, Apple’s appstore, etc.)?
3. How could we generate more recurring revenues?
4. How could we get others to create value for us (for free)?
5. Which strategic partner could we work with to leverage or expand our business model?
6. How could we achieve more scalability in our business model?
7. How could we dramatically increase switching costs?
8. For which segments – other than our usual ones – could we develop a value proposition and expand our business model?